The daily grind sometimes seems to just build up and build up over time. We often don’t realize how much we are carrying or how much pressure we are experiencing until something minute tips the scale. When that happens, we may become increasingly aware of the discomfort, emotional or physical, that is present for us. Sometimes just the ability to tolerate and sit with the discomfort and figure out where it’s coming from can feel unattainable. One of the ways, people have found to sit what that discomfort and become curious about its origins, is to use Emotional Freedom Techniques tapping (most commonly referred to as “EFT tapping”).
Anxiety and Depression Treatment New Castle, CO
When life feels overwhelming we can help you figure out how to create more peace and joy. Together we can create a plan to build more happiness into your life and move away from patterns of anxiety and depression. Contact a counselor near me: Ashley Mauldin, MA, LPC, EMDR and Jodi Hill, Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC) of New Awareness Counseling, LLC.
386 W. Main Unit 102 New Castle, CO 81647 | Telehealth – Secure online sessions| (970) 388-1903
EFT tapping is a type of therapy that involves tapping on specific points on the body while focusing on a particular emotional or physical issue.
It is based on the principles of acupuncture and aims to rebalance the body’s energy system and ultimately to alleviate the discomfort.
EFT tapping has been found to be helpful for addressing these discomforts in life because it can:
- Reduce stress – Tapping has been shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol in body which can help to alleviate physical and emotional stress.
- Alleviate anxiety and depression – tapping can reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression by addressing the underlying emotional causes of these conditions. By tapping on the acupressure points, individuals can help release and rebalance the energy in their body, which can assist them in feeling more relaxed and centered. Additionally, EFT can help individuals identify and address the underlying causes of their anxiety which can lead to long-term healing.
- Manage physical pain – EFT tapping can support the reduction of physical pain by reducing the emotion distress that often accompanies it. By addressing the emotion component of the pain, tapping can help to reduce the intensity.
- Improve sleep – Tapping has been found to be helpful for improving sleep quality by reducing levels of stress and anxiety which are often associated with sleep disturbances.
- Increase self-awareness – By focusing on specific issues while tapping individuals can become more aware of their emotional and physical states, which can help them to better manage their emotions and behaviors.
In addition to reducing cortisol levels, EFT tapping has been found to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the body’s relaxation response. This can help to counteract the effects of the sympathetic nervous system which is responsible for the body’s fight or flight response and can contribute to feelings of stress and anxiety.
EFT tapping is something you can practice on your own and also with an EFT practitioner.
Utilizing EFT tapping with a practitioner may allow an outside perspective to the issue that you have not yet noticed and it may also support you as you are working towards healing with new issues or discomforts. If you are interested in learning more about EFT tapping or you already use this resource and want to join with an EFT practitioner to support or enhance your current practice, please reach out and set up a free 30 minute consultation to see the options you have available.